Keen to be a Youth Mental Health First Aider?Our Youth MHFA course is an internationally recognised course designed specifically for those people that teach, work, live with or care for young people aged 8 to 18 years. You will learn how to:
- Provide information, tools and techniques to promote a young person's mental and emotional wellbeing
- Support a young person who might be experiencing mental and emotional distress.
What will I learn?Our Youth MHFA course is split into four manageable chunks. These are:
- What is mental health?
- Depression and anxiety
- Suicide and psychosis
- Self-harm and eating disorders
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue in young people
- Feel confident helping a young person experiencing mental ill health
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help protect a young person who might be at risk of harm
- Help prevent a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help a young person recover faster
- Guide a young person towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issues.